This garlic shrimp pasta is easy and delicious! The shrimp are cooked in a pan with garlic, butter, and olive oil until they’re nice and pink. Then the cooked shrimp are added to a bowl of pasta with some spinach, and Parmesan cheese. This dish is seriously tasty and perfect for a weeknight dinner.
This light garlic shrimp pasta is a great way to enjoy a healthy meal. It’s simple to make and only takes about 20 minutes from start to finish. With some fresh healthy ingredients, this dinner idea is one that will keep showing up on your dinner plate.
If you’re having problems with the addition of spinach in this recipe, then read our Ingredient deep dive about spinach. In this article, we cover the many health benefits of spinach. There are plenty of reasons why this simple ingredient is changing your health goals.
EASY GARLIC SHRIMP PASTA WITH SPINACH
- 1 lb 450g shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 oz 60g fresh baby spinach, rinsed and drained
- 2 oz 60g unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves minced
- 1/4 cup 60ml low-sodium vegetable stock
- 1 teaspoon ancho or cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 lb 225g Spaghetti pasta
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan
- To make the garlic butter shrimp pasta: Cook spaghetti pasta al dente, according to package directions. Add shrimp, 1 tablespoon olive oil, ancho or cayenne pepper, minced garlic, and black pepper. Toss to coat the shrimp and set aside for 10 minutes.
- Heat the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Place the shrimps in a single layer and sear for 1 minute. Flip shrimp and sear the other side for 1 minute.
- Deglaze the skillet with vegetable stock, and cook for 1 minute, scraping any browned bits with a wooden spoon.
- Add butter to the shrimp and stir until melted. Sprinkle with Italian seasoning and red chili pepper flakes.
- Add spinach to the shrimp and toss until wilted, about 30 seconds.
- Arrange the garlic shrimp over the cooked and drained spaghetti pasta. Add a sprinkle of red chili pepper flakes and parmesan on top. Serve your garlic shrimp pasta immediately. Enjoy!
Check out eatwell101 for more great dinner ideas.